Two weeks ago the kids and I were on our way home from the nursery when I came over a hill and a big vulture flew up in my windshield. I fish tailed a couple times and even thought I might have it under control at one point, but then I lost control and we ended up in the ditch pinned against a tree. Everyone seemed to be ok until Nolan started screaming that his legs were stuck. As you can tell from the pic's, the stump had pushed in from the side causing the front seat to buckle and pin Nolan's legs. He was behind the passenger front seat. Gracie was in front and Delaney was behind me. It was pretty terrifying as the firefighters had to cut him out with the jaws of life. He was very brave, but it was hard to watch. I thought for sure he would be spending the rest of the summer or the rest of his life in a wheelchair. Once they got him out they said he had movement in his feet, but we went to the trauma center. 3 hours, a cat scan and x-rays on his legs showed nothing. He walked out of the hospital limping, but soon was playing outside later that day. Gracie had a gash on her head and had to have a staple. Delaney had the little bruise under her eye that you can see in the pic's and I got a black eye from the whole deal.
We are feeling pretty blessed right now. I know our Father in Heaven was watching over us. We are so thankful that no one was really hurt. I guess those prayers that everyone will get home safely really work!
No comments:
Post a Comment